Friday, November 12, 2010

Peace Corps

Dear Friends and Family,
Lately, a lot of friends and family have been asking me about the Peace Corps and if I've heard anything from them yet. This is totally understandable. I have been super excited about it the past year and my loved ones are sharing in that excitement. I appreciate this so much. Your excitement and support means so much to me.

Unfortunately, right now I'm playing "the waiting game" with the Peace Corps. I've turned in all my stuff, so now I just have to wait until they invite me to serve. Unfortunately, that will probably be another couple of months. I don't anticipate knowing anything new until January. The problem is, I'm so nervous about the whole thing that any time anyone asks for an update, when I have absolutely nothing new to report, it just makes the whole waiting thing so much worse. So if you all could help me out and not ask about the Peace Corps, I'd really appreciate it. Trust me, if I get invited to serve, every person that is even casually connected to me will know! Thanks again for all your support!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment